Monday, February 9

pee pee poo poo the economy is in the toilet

It's fucking cold outside and a local blog said a few hours ago it was snowing and buses in Queen Anne were affected. Outside my window? No snow! Lies.

Anyhow, I'm broke, the economy is in the toilet, and I'm probably going to be out of a job in the next few weeks/months. I'm working on a new (well, a) budget and cutting out a bunch of shit. On the chopping block, cable tv, tivo, gym membership, and my parking space under my apartment. Staying in: internet, netflix, phone, power, and rent.

The big expensive: booze. I don't know the game plan on the booze situation, but something needs to be done. Being an alcoholic is expensive, especially in Washington state where they think making booze expensive will make people not be alcoholics, when in reality it simply makes alcoholics poor.

Ironically, for as much as I drink, my knowledge of good drinking deals are limited. Only a few weeks ago did I learn about Two Buck Chuck, which is allegedly a bottle of wine for around 2-4 dollars (depending on the state [meaning at least four bucks here]). I say allegedly because I can't comprehend that I can get a bottle of wine for four goddamn dollars. Not until I see it, buy it, and drink it, will I believe it. And that's not happening today because I'm broke. Too broke for Two Buck Chuck. Pennies to my name, son. But Two Buck Chuck might be the answer to my drinking problem.

If not, I still need to be more responsible with my drinking. No more blowing twenty bucks on a bottle of whiskey or a 12 pack of beer every night. Those days are over (until better economic times). It's time to get stingy. Drink responsibly and all.

Until the paycheck drops, I'm sober and pretty much confined to my apartment and wherever homeless people are allowed to roam. Luckily, I've bought a lot of shit over the years and can easily keep myself entertained for the next three days (my weekend is now, yes i'm cool). That means video games, and movies, and cleaning up my ridiculously dirty apartment. And blogging! Because blogging is free!

I also might go to the library later, although I have a lot of books I haven't read here and according to the library's online catalog pretty much everything cool is always checked out with a waiting list of 30 people.

And now I'm off to attempt to beat all the Legend of Zelda games I have in my possession. I will lose interest before long, but lets see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment